Monday, October 1, 2007

Victory over varnish

Sometimes its a struggle to get things done. This week is SO going to be like that. Nothing seems to want to cooperate with me!

This painting...
Was such a struggle! The painting was easy and came together pretty well, but the varnish took like 8 coats and sanding and redoing and UGH! But it came out ok, just with ten times the amount of work it should have...One lesson I always fail to retain about varnish is that spray just makes life easier! WHY can't I just remember that!! Its basically what saved this painting's life.

Now I have all these custom orders and things to do that all fall right before the wedding I am in on the weekend. Sigh! Thats always how it happens....

AND I have a super secret project I am working on, that needs urgently to be finished...Its my biggest sewing project ever! Oooh... next week...

2 comments:

  1. Aw, sorry about that. You can always bring your work with you to do between speeches and dance moves if you want. I won't mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. I promised myself I wouldn't show up to your wedding with paint up to my elbows now you say its ok?? AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete