Monday, October 15, 2007

Big Project!

OhmygodIforgottoupdatemyblog!

Ok, not "forgot" so much as "was super busy." October is so full for me, both with things I control and things I don't.

The BIG project I hinted at is safe to show now. Its a quilt! I made this for two really good friends that got married. They have been together for like 9 years so its not like they need toasters and muffin tins. I thought something more traditional would be better for them as a keepsake. And the bride's favorite colour is orange... Its a pretty relaxed pattern with black and white prints. I hand tied all those teeny ties, which I think makes it look more traditional, and makes it warmer. I really like the backs of quilts. I really am winging it making this thing, I sew with only basic knowledge and luck. But the backs of quilts just "happen" and its so neat! I also added their names and the date of their wedding. They are a Halloweeny couple, so orange and black is just too perfect. :-)

It was a lot of work, mostly because it takes up so much space. But not difficult work, just A LOT! I told them they can never get married again , as I am only making baby sized ones from now on.

Now I have two weeks of feverish work before Halloween comes (yayayayaa!) and then November which is my "sell everything you got" month. I am like a big rolling snowball, if everyone stays out of my way no one will get hurt!

*coming soon to the shop*
-wool felted baby bats
-wool felted cats
-printed scarves
-mounted prints
-stockings

*phew*

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:08 PM

    That quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:17 PM

    That is beautiful quilt. :) I love the orange and black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Good post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:16 PM

    *BIG HEART*

    you are the awesome-ististist.. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:03 PM

    This is so amazing and beautiful! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No words except, that is incredibly precious gift.

    wow.

    ReplyDelete