Friday, February 29, 2008

Martha needs a new pet

What do you think?

With Etsy founder Rob on Martha Stewart today, I can't help but notice the surprising LACK OF BATCAT! I mean, how can you even have a segment about Etsy without ME?? I am sure that someone is going to get fired over this.

Lets hope that this mainstream press will allow me to stop explaining Etsy to each and every person I mention it to. "Its like eBay, but not really..." is how I usually how it comes out, and thats lame and untrue.

I have all my eggs in the basket of another 27 year old who isn't me.(Rob of Etsy is 27) OMG Yikes. I think my plans to open a personal web shop is going to happen in the next little while. I heart you Etsy, but now ten billion Martha watchers are going to open up shops and crowd my cute crap. I think Martha would approve of my business expansion.

Sigh, who knew making adorable goodies was so cutthroat. *runs off to sell stuff*

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:16 PM

    One day when I have my own real shop we can work out an agreement and I will sell your cute batcat in the states! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your photoshop of batcat and martha together! i taped martha today and have yet to watch it so am curious as to what was said by both rob and martha. it is so great that they got press, but how did they go about picking things to feature on the show? i suppose the same way they pick the featured sellers. i'm always so jealous of those who get picked... i was thinking of featuring myself on my blog, answering all the same questions etsy asks, just as a joke :) plus who knows how long it would take for me to get picked out of the thousands of other sellers. i think batcat should totally earn you a featured seller spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They said they were top sellers, but thats up for debate. :-) I don't think jealousy something to be ashamed of, especially when you admit to it. Thats life, stuff isn't fair until it happens to you, then its awesome!

    I wrote my "featured seller" answers like a year ago in preparation. A lot of people do, and then post them on their blogs. I say do it. Its fun!

    I would like to go on Martha at halloween anyway, much more appropriate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, Martha and Batcat belong together (she doesn't deserve him though).

    ReplyDelete