Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Matting like Mad

Its really hard to deny that matting things makes them SO much better looking. I matted two tiny little paintings and they came out pretty cute.

Portrait in Purple

A little acrylic painting on watercolour paper. I haven't even listed it on Etsy yet (Update: Now its is)...I hope people out there like the messy acrylic edges as much as I do. Its funny how hard I work on that to make it look so accidental and random.

Batcat and the Night Pond

And a little Batcat painting. Batcat and the Night Pond. I don't know if I would even sell something like this if it wasn't matted. Its really strange how it changes from "Meh, its ok I guess" to "aww, its so cute!" as soon as I pop it in a mat. I might even try and make a print the exact same size to sell later on in the shop.

I still haven't finished photographing all my silk screened stuff. I am such a procrastinator!

Oh, and here is one more little addition to the shop. Its a little bat!
Pink Winged Bat
It was gloomy when I photographed this little guy, so the photos were kind of crappy, but he is really cute in real life. Yes, boy bats can have blush and pink wings. I don't think I will be making any bats for a while. So enjoy this little face while it lasts! :-)

Now, what else can I mat today? *Looks around* haha.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:48 PM

    that little bat is the cutest! he looks so fuzzy and cuddly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're not lazy if you finished two paintings and had time to make more bats, AND silkscreen :)

    matting art does make it look great! but your stuff is fantastic on its own too.

    ReplyDelete