Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Real Life Test Drive

I rarely, rarely keep anything I make.

Other than original paintings, I basically sell everything I make. Or at least try to, har har.  So now that I have branched out into the world of print on demand it is SO SWEET because I can actually have some shit for myself!

blacklilypie wearing regular day tshirt by society6 grumpy tshirt

Yesss. Getting shirts (and bags) and other junk from Society6 or Redbubble or Spoonflower is AMAZING. 

Regular Day and Stay Back t-shirt from blacklilypie and Society6 http://blacklilypie.bogspot.ca

I got these two from Society6, and they are pretty great. The "Regular Day" grumpy dude is a tri-blend black, fitted women's tee by American Apparel, and the "Stay Back" Batcat is a regular black women's fitted tee. You can get them in a ton of colours, and in different styles of apparel too. I have always thought American Apparel's sizes were tiny, its wise to get a size up, or if you have boobs...don't have boobs. Also the tri-blend seemed to be a bit smaller than then regular black tee. Looks fancy though! 

Society6 sometimes has free shipping worldwide too, so if you follow them on social media (or artists who use them, LIKE ME) its a great way to get cheaper goodies.

The colours came out pretty true. Its always a toss up when you get something printed, the colours never look the same onscreen and in person.


Here is one without the fancy Hipstamatic filters. Not too bad, maybe the design is a bit lower on the body, but pretty darn close. Tee held up to washing too, which is kinda a big deal.

I got a bag from S6 a while ago and it is super great. I was thrilled with it.


Good quality, universal message. Good for grocery shoppin'.

So far, I have only had good experiences with the stuff I test. I always check out pics that other people send me when they order my stuff. (WHICH I LOVE!) but there is nothing better than getting your mitts on the real thing and seeing how it holds up to harsh treatment. I am planning on slowly replacing all my wardrobe and household items with junk with batcat or grumpy boy faces on them. Slowly but surely...

No comments:

Post a Comment